A small number of customers have received a phishing email with the subject line, “Not renewed”. Although the email may look like it has come from names.co.uk, our sister brand in the UK, it is not legitimate. It requests payment for a domain name renewal. It instructs the recipient to go to a payment form in an attempt to obtain sensitive personal information like a login password and payment details.
The email reads as follows:
What should I do if I received this email?
- Do not reply to it
- Do not open any of the links
- If you think you may have clicked a link, please contact us immediately on 0345 363 3633 or drop us a ticket from within your Online Control Panel.
- If you have any concerns, please update your Online Control Panel password here.
How can I protect myself from phishing emails?
- If you click a link from within an email, always check that the web address is one you recognise. For example, you log into your register365.com Online Control Panel at https://login.register365.com/login.
- Check if the website is secure by looking for a padlock symbol in the browser address bar. If you see this symbol, it means the site has been validated with a secure SSL Certificate and it is safe to use.
- It is good practice to regularly change your login passwords to stay as secure as possible online.