It's super easy - simply check the availability of your domain, using our Domain Search tool. If it's available, add it to your basket, pop in a couple of details and, voila - your new .uk domain name will be fully registered within minutes.
.uk Domain Names
Register your .uk
Put the emphasis on your business name
It's short. It's smart. It's snappy.
The newest British domain extension, .uk, is a great choice for anybody in the UK or anybody looking to target the UK market. It’s perfect for new projects and established online businesses and is set to become the new standard for UK based websites.
The .uk domain name shortens your web address, giving your visitors a quicker and easier way to access your website. As Nominet, the Registry for the UK domain family, say, ‘Shorter is Sweeter’.
Why register a .uk domain?
- .uk gets straight to the point
- .uk is easier to remember and type than co.uk
- .uk puts more focus on your website name, not the extension
- .uk has greater international appeal
- .uk is a trusted, versatile domain
Already have a co.uk domain?
For those of you who have a .co.uk, securing the direct .uk creates lots of new opportunities. You could use a .uk for a specific marketing campaign or link to your new landing page via social media, Google AdWords, blog posts and wherever else you want to shout about it.
And don’t forget, all domain names registered with us include a free one-page website, using our Website Builder tool and a free email address - all can be accessed from within your Online Control Panel.
Protect your brand with .uk
Securing the equivalent .uk to your current .co.uk helps to protect your brand from cyber-squatters and your competition. Why not use our domain search tool, to check if your matching .uk is available?
Be .uk ready
You can simply forward your .uk domain to your existing .co.uk website and keep an eye on UK domain developments. When businesses start to adopt .uk as the country’s main suffix, you’ll be ready to make the move too.
Who can register a .uk domain?
Anybody can register a .uk domain, there are no restrictions. Why wait? Register your .uk domain today!
Discover the UK domain family
- Show you're located in the United Kingdom
- One of the most trusted extensions in the world
- UK’s most popular domain extension
- Your own personal space
- Perfect for bloggers and promoting a portfolio
- Bring your social media feeds into one place
- Great for charities and not-for-profit organisations
- Show you’re a local UK organisation
- Encourage trust in your website
Frequently asked questions about .uk
How do I register a .uk domain?
Why should I buy a .uk domain, if I already have a .co.uk?
You’ve worked hard to build your business and your brand so it’s important that you protect your online presence. Unfortunately, it’s easy for a cyber-squatter to pick up your matching .uk domain and attempt to cause havoc for your business. Likewise, someone could easily snap up your domain name, and approach you to buy it, at a premium price.
So, even if you do have a .co.uk domain name, we would always recommend protecting your business, by registering the most popular domain extensions, like .uk and .com.
Will I get a free Email and Website Builder package?
Absolutely! We give a free IMAP Mailbox, along with a free one-page site, using our Website Builder, with all domain name registrations. All of these can be used from within your Online Control Panel.
* Get a FREE .com, .ie, .net, .org, .biz, .info or .online domain name registered for 1 year when you purchase a monthly Web Hosting, Website Builder, Website Builder Ecommerce, WordPress Hosting, Email Hosting and Microsoft 365 package using the embedded voucher code. This offer is limited to 2 uses per account. Additionally, get a FREE .com, .ie, .net, .org, .biz, .info or .online domain name registered for 1 year with any of our Annual or Multi-year Web Hosting, Website Builder, Website Builder Ecommerce, Email Hosting, WordPress Hosting and Microsoft 365 Packages. These offers do not apply to renewals or transfers, and are available for online transactions only. These offers are for the first billing period only, cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers and may be withdrawn at any time at the discretion of Namesco Ireland Limited.
‡ The following suffixes are on offer when registered for 1 year using the embedded voucher codes - .co.uk, .com, and .ie. The offer price of .ie is €2.99 (ex VAT), the offer price of .com is €4.99, and .co.uk domains will be FREE when registered for 1 year. These offers entitle you to three .ie's, one .com and one .co.uk at the offer price per account. The following extensions will be offered at the prices shown (ex VAT) when registered on site for one year - .online - €4.50, .website - €3.50, .site - €4.99, .tech - €6.00, .store - €6.00, .fun - €3.50, .space - €3.50, .app - €14.00. Please note, for EU customers VAT rates payable will be subject to your country of residence. All offers are for the first billing period only, do not apply to renewals and are limited to online transactions. Offers cannot be used in conjunction with any others and may be withdrawn at any time at the discretion of Namesco Ireland Limited.