On 28th October 2021 we will update the General Provisions our existing General Terms and Conditions, specifically Sections 10.3, 10.4, 10.5 & Section 11.1 to the following content:
- Exercising your right to change your mind if you are a Consumer (Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013). If you are a Consumer, then you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days (the “Cooling off Period”) and receive a refund. These rights, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, are explained in more detail in these terms. There is no Cooling off Period following a renewal of our products and services.
- Implications for when Consumers change their minds in relation to Domain Name registration. Your right as a consumer to change your mind and receive a refund still applies once a Domain Name has been purchased. However, there is no Cooling off Period following a renewal of our products and services. Due to the bespoke nature of Domain Names you should be aware that the registered Domain Name may not immediately be cancelled by the appropriate Domain Name Registry and that the process for cancelling the Domain Name is governed by the Registry. The details of the Registry providing specific extensions can be found at https://www.iana.org/domains/root/db.
- Ending the Contract where we are not at fault and there is no right to change your mind. Even if we are not at fault and you are not a Consumer who has a right to change their mind (see Clause 10.1), you can still end the Contract before it is completed, but you may have to pay us compensation. A Contract for services is completed when we have finished providing the services and you have paid for them. If you want to end a Contract before it is completed where we are not at fault and you are not a Consumer who has changed their mind in the Cooling off Period, just contact us (please see Clause 2.2) to let us know. The Contract will end immediately and we will refund any sums paid by you for products and/or services not commenced but we may deduct sums from that refund (or, if you have not made an advance payment, charge you) as compensation for the net costs we will incur as a result of your ending the Contract. For the avoidance of doubt, you are not entitled to a refund within the Cooling off Period if you are a Business Customer.
- 11.1 The cancellation process is as follows:
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us at Namesco Limited, Acton House, Perdiswell Park, Worcester WR3 7GD United Kingdom of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or via secure ticket in your Online Control Panel which operates as a secure form of communication with us like email). This does not include informing us via social media platforms or in person.
- You may use the Cancellation Form, but it is not obligatory. You can also electronically fill in and submit any other clear statement through your Online Control Panel. If you use this option, we will communicate to you an acknowledgement of receipt of such a cancellation via a ticket in your Online Control Panel without delay.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.